A big “Thank you!” to several of those who helped make our EMLCA coaches clinic on 1/24 so successful:
1. First and foremost, thanks to Mike Morgan, Bryan Brazill, and the Merrimack College Lacrosse team for hosting us on their campus, allowing us to witness their practice, and sharing with us their approaches to defense, offense, as well as their sage advice on the college recruiting process. Let’s all keep an eye on their team’s success this season: http://www.merrimackathletics.com/sports/mlax/index
2. Thanks to Alex Blaine and Steve Leahy, the referees who updated us on rules adjustments.
3. Thanks to Rocky Batty and to Brine/Warrior for the generous gift of stick heads.
4. Thanks to Atlantic Sportswear for sponsoring the event, giving out t-shirts and raffling off prizes. Also to Adrenaline Fundraising for rounding out the vendor presence.
5. Finally, thanks to those head and assistant coaches who risked the poor driving conditions up to Merrimack!
REMINDERS for the upcoming season:
1. Send your schedules to your area referee assignors. Enter your Varsity schedule on Laxpower.com. Make sure all places where your schedule is posted are accurate: team/school website, the Referees’ site (https://www.arbitersports.com), laxpower, etc.
2. Please pay your $35 2015 dues, either through the registration process here online, or by sending a check to EMLCA treasurer Paul Zaylor (email@example.com).
3. We are experimenting with a new manner of collecting accurate contact information for the Coach Contact page on the EMLCA website. Even if you know your info is up to date, please click on this link and fill out this Google form: http://goo.gl/forms/9cik6ubVwS
EMLCA 2014-2015 Season Dates
Other meeting dates to note:
- Game Cut-Off Date: Thursday May 21st, 2015
- EMLCA End-of-Season Voting Meeting: Thursday May 21st, 7 PM, location TBA